|Steven Avery's 2005 mugshot.|
The Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer has generated a lot of conversation nationally. I myself have doubts about convicted murderer Avery's innocence, but I am disturbed by the Manitowoc County's Sheriff's Department involvement in finding previously overlooked evidence.
After viewing the official interrogation videos of Brendan Dassey, Avery's nephew, I do have serious doubts about Dassey's involvement.
I have decided to compile a page of documents relating to the Steve Avery/Brendan Dassey trials for my own, and hopefully your, convenience.
It is a work in progress and documents will be added as I find them.
A who's who list of people who are important in the documentary "The Making of a Murderer."
A timeline of events:
Avery's Wis. Stat § 809.30(2)(h) Postconviction Motion: The motion argued that Avery should be granted a new trial because he was not allowed to present alternate suspects in his trail. The suspects are named, including his brothers!
- Avery post conviction motion part 1
- Avery post conviction motion part 2
- Court decision on post conviction motion
- Court of Appeal's decision on Avery's motion to suppress
Transcripts concerning Brendan Dassey
- Written transcripts of phone call between Brendan and his mom. I this call Brendan tells his mom he was involved in the murder: Brendan61306
- Written transcript of the initial police interrogation of Brendan, Brendan says he saw body parts. Brendan tells the officers that Steven admitted to stabbing Ms. Halbach in a Jeep: Brendan's first interrogation
- Transcript of the nest police interrogation. Brendan tells the police he was actively involved in the rape and murder: Brendan transcript March, Video of interrogation: Video of interrogation
- Transcript of Dassey and is lawyer's "investigator. DasseyInvest
- Transcript of interrogation which happens after Brendan's first lawyer allows the defense interrogator to coerce Brendan into writing an account of what happened. Brendan's lawyer allows the police to interrogate Brendan without the lawyer's presence. Brendan gives another account which is totally inconsistent with his third account. Brendan transcript 4 May
- Brendan's motion to suppress statements which was filed by Kachinsky; Brendan's motion to suppress
- Brendan's trial transcripts: Dassey trial1, Dassey trial2, Dassey3, Dassey trial4, Dassey trial5, Dassey trial6, Dassey trial7, Dassey trial8, Dassey trial9
- Brendan Dassey's COURT OF APPEALS DECISION January 30, Brendan Dassey's Court of Appeals motion.
|Photo of blood found near the ignition on the RAV4|
- Supreme Court regarding disciplinary proceedings relating to Kratz's sexual harassment of a domestic violence victim: Kratz supreme